About BFFF / Job Vacancies
Technical Assistant – British Frozen Food Federation , Newark NG23
Full time, Permanent, 37 hours per week.
The British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF) is the UK’s frozen food trade association, with over 300 members comprising Producers, Wholesalers, Importers, Exporters, Brokers, Retailers and related Associate businesses. Membership provides an excellent opportunity for frozen food companies and associates to gain awareness at both commercial and legislative levels and to understand how BFFF is promoting the industry.
We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Assistant to be based at our head office, conveniently located just off the A1 in Long Bennington, Newark. As Technical Assistant you will aid the Head of Technical through the provision of efficient support to members.
- Assist Head of Technical in the research, writing and circulation of technical papers to members.
- Assist the Head of Technical in the compilation of information for BFFF publications.
- Carry out any research as requested to support BFFF initiatives/projects.
- Aid the Head of Technical in answering member queries.
- Ensure the Technical area of the database is up to date with all technical contacts and member records are maintained.
- Efficiently organise and maintain all electronically stored Technical information
- Update and maintain the Technical area of member website
- Effectively organise, communicate and provide support at technical committee meetings.
- Assist Head of Technical in formulating agendas and presentation slides for meetings as requested.
- Provide support to Head of Technical during member and non-member visits, as required.
- Attendance at ad-hoc meetings in the absence of Head of Technical
- Compile and conduct technical questionnaires to members and analyse results as directed
- Monitor the review of Technical guidance, including primary Authority Assured Advice
- Support the organisation and running of Technical seminars and other company events as required
To be considered for the role of Technical Assistant, you will ideally be educated to a degree level in a food science or technology discipline. However, candidates with the right technical administration experience within the food industry will also be considered.
You will have excellent knowledge of food safety and legal standards, be highly adaptable and be willing to assist in other areas of the business as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Effective planning and organisation skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work and manage tight deadlines
- Good level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel/Word/Internet and Outlook
- Problem solving skills
- Good Team Player
- Ability to work in a small team.
In the first instance please send your application and CV to email@example.com with an indication of your salary expectations.
Closing Date: 13th September 2019