Following a review of High-Risk Food Not of Animal Origin (HRFNAO) legislation, changes are being made to Regulation 2019/1793 which will come into effect on 23 November 2021. The key changes include:
- Changes to Annexes I and II of the 2019 Regulation. Please ensure you check the tables in these annexes before exporting.
- A new official certificate will be required for products under Annex II of the 2019 Regulation, and will be available on GOV.UK from 23 November 2021. Please ensure you have the correct official certificate before exporting.
- Notes on completing the certificate have been amended (see Annex IV to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/1793 for further details).
- The term ‘compound food’ will no longer be used and has been replaced by ‘food consisting or two or more ingredients’.
- A new definition has been provided for use of the term “country of origin”.
There is further information available in the updated HRFNAO guidance on the trader showcase site.