From 1 January 2021 exports of Live Animals and Products of Animal Origin from GB to the EU require an Export Health Certificate (EHC). You will also need an EHC to move live animals and animal products to Northern Ireland.
You can use the EHC service to:
- apply for an export health certificate
- copy existing applications
- apply for blocks of certificates
- apply for multiple certificates in a single application
- see the status of your application
Before you start, you’ll need a Government Gateway account and a Defra account. If you don’t have them, you’ll be guided to set them up when you use the service for the first time.
You can apply online for most exports. However, not every export health certificate is available to apply for using this service. Check the certificate you need is available here
If you’re in Northern Ireland, you’ll need to upload your application for DAERA here