NEW BIRDS EYE INSPIRATIONS CAMPAIGN CELEBRATES THE MIDWEEK ADULT MEAL OCCASION
Leading frozen food brand, Birds Eye, has announced the launch of a NEW multi-million pound ATL campaign for its award-winning Inspirations range, including the addition of five exciting NEW products to the portfolio and a packaging refresh. Offering consumers a premium dining experience at home, Inspirations aims to inject excitement into the typical midweek meal and reinvigorate the Adult Dining occasion category, currently worth £463m.
New integrated ATL campaign
Beginning on 1st November and running throughout 2017, Birds Eye is investing a total of £5.5m in the new above-the-line campaign to drive awareness of the Inspirations range amongst its target pre-family audience. Running across TV, VOD, digital and in-store, the campaign is designed to appeal to people who are looking for great-tasting food, but who don’t have time to spend preparing and cooking.
Steve Chantry, Birds Eye UK Marketing Director, comments: “When we launched Inspirations in 2014, the response was overwhelmingly positive, with the brand being named the most successful product launch of the year. With the launch of this new campaign, we want to take Inspirations and Adult Dining to the next level with a charming, celebratory ad and premium products to match.
“The Inspirations range is worth £48m and spans fish, chicken and ready meals. As the leading brand in frozen, we are perfectly placed to drive the Adult Dining category and the new range, which taps into one to two person occasions, provides tasty, premium and inspirational products that will enhance the food credentials of the whole category.”
Premium products and packaging
Available from September, the new Inspirations range will see the introduction of several new products including panko crumbed Fish Fingers, which takes a classic British teatime staple and gives it a grown-up twist. Capitalising on the growth of the Lightly Dusted sector, Birds Eye is also launching two new Cod variants and will introduce a new Chicken Kiev product which aims to add a premium touch to a much-loved dish.
In addition, Birds Eye will rebrand its Stir Your Senses range of stir-cooked meals under the Inspirations portfolio, further demonstrating its premium positioning and allowing it to benefit from the investment in the wider brand.
To further bolster the launch, Birds Eye is refreshing all Inspirations packaging, improving on-pack navigation and introducing a stylised black backdrop design to achieve stand-out on shelf, premiumise the frozen aisle and to reflect real-life food occasions, providing inspiration at point-of-purchase.
Birds Eye Inspirations range details:
- Inspirations Lightly Dusted (RRP £4.00): Available from Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons
– Lemon & Cracked Black Pepper Dusted Cod Fillets (Available from Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons)
– Rosemary & Sea Salt Dusted Cod Fillets (Available from Tesco, Asda and Morrisons)
- Inspirations Fish Fingers (RRP £3.00):
– Cod Fillet Fish Fingers with a Sea Salt & Black Pepper Panko Crumb (Available from Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Iceland)
– Haddock Fillet Fish Fingers with a Lemon & Black Pepper Panko Crumb (Available from Asda and Morrisons)
- Inspirations Chicken Kiev (RRP £2.70): Available from Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons
– Garlic & Herb Chicken Kiev Wrapped in Crispy Breadcrumbs