Health & Safety Expert Group
The Health & Safety Expert group consists of safety professionals representing all sectors of the frozen food supply chain and BFFF membership. The group meets three times per year and provides a confidential Health & Safety and fire safety forum to focus on issues relevant to the industry, enabling the dissemination of pertinent Health & Safety information to members. The Expert group informs and advises the BFFF board to assist with determining Federation policy in health & Safety and fire safety legislative areas.
Aims of the Expert group include:
- To highlight relevant frozen food industry health & safety and fire safety issues and information for BFFF involvement/ focus.
- To advise and contribute to any initiatives and consultations that BFFF should take particular interest.
- To advise and contribute to the development of industry guidance to be approved by the regulators.
- To facilitate networking amongst the different sectors of the Federation.
- To contribute to the partnership meetings with the regulators including the HSE, our Primary Authority partners, the Local authority and Fire Service.
- To facilitate the dissemination of relevant information to the BFFF members following meetings with the regulators.
- Assist in developing appropriate links with government, regulatory bodies and other relevant organisations.
If you are interested in becoming more involved, or would like to confidentially raise an issue for discussion at the meetings please contact Simon Brentnall on 01400 283096 or firstname.lastname@example.org