As a PR Executive you will directly support the Communications Manager and Head of PR/ Communications & Membership with the delivery of the PR strategy for Company Shop Group.
You will be an expert in PR and communications and able to adapt to fast changing priorities and managing a variety of stakeholders, all whilst ensuring all content and communications, including press releases, social media content and award entries, is delivered timely and accurately.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Uphold Company Shop Group values at all times.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effectively plan and organise workloads.
- Work to strict deadlines.
- Be committed to your own personal development and continued learning.
- Be flexible and adaptable to support the needs of the business.
- Support the creation and implementation of a multi-channel PR, events and communications strategy to support organisational objectives across Company Shop Group.
- Build relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to maximise joint opportunities, ensuring we can gain maximum exposure for our projects.
- Proactively launch PR initiatives to drive engagement and awareness amongst key stakeholder groups, across trade and consumer media, national and regional, traditional and digital.
- Work collaboratively with relevant departments to identify potential PR opportunities for the Group, Company Shop and Community Shop.
- Help develop effective relationships with key political stakeholders.
- Facilitate events in retail stores during new store openings and special events, managing attendance by stock partners and political guests and maximising PR opportunities through these events.
- Work with the Communications Manager and wider team to engage political and trade bodies to support the overarching business strategy, with the support of the external PR agency.
- Align with the in-house team and external design partners to create collateral which supports PR initiatives and drives brand awareness, covering both traditional and digital channels.
- Proactively seek opportunities to engage media and clients to position Company Shop Group as front of mind, while handling reactive media queries to ensure business views are clearly articulated and our reputation is enhanced as a result.
- Support the Communications Manager to provide expert PR advice, guidance and recommendations to stakeholders and key internal clients where required.
Execute plans to agreed timescales and specification with excellent and detailed outputs, including development of PR collateral, organisation of events, social media, web content etc.
- Work the PR agency to leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within the business and industry media.
- Manage the continuous monitoring of industry news and media to identify trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication opportunities surrounding them.
- Support development of marketing research, where appropriate, to maximise coverage and to define within the industry that Company Shop Group continues to be the leading thinkers of the FMCG and surplus sector.
- Write and manage relevant content including press releases, articles, and blogs posts for both print and digital formats.
- Create and deliver appropriate content for social media channels, tracking performance and supporting the production of regular reporting.
- Attend industry networking events where appropriate and use insights to help develop Company Shop Group PR activities.
- Maintain all campaign and target lists, including using email marketing platforms.
- Support and work with other members of the team to coordinate and deliver all activities.
Location– Company Shop, Head Office, Tankersley, Barnsley.
Please note travel to other locations may be required