Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Home-based working in the UK with travel to Cargill offices in the West Midlands when needed (1-2 times per month)
Job Purpose and Impact
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package including company car contributory pension and performance-related bonus.
Cargill’s European protein business is a leading supplier and innovator of further processed chicken products for retail, foodservice and food manufacturing customers. You will play a key role in generating sales revenue and positive margins for Cargill’s European protein business. This position will have the exciting opportunity to identify and develop accounts for UK foodservice, growing market share and creating market value for cooked poultry products as part of the Sun Valley Brand.
The role will require travel within the UK therefore a full UK driving licence is required. The scope of the role will focus on customers either in the South East or North of the UK.
- Manage regional foodservice accounts, develop commercial plans to retain and grow these accounts, meeting budgeted growth and profitability
- Build relationships with customers through understanding their needs and identifying ways to enhance their business through Cargill’s product range
- Provide sales forecasts and input into demand plans
- Work collaboratively with National Account Managers, Innovation and Marketing teams on new products and promotional activities supporting regional account growth
- Partner with Supply Chain and Customer Service teams to ensure the highest standards of customer service
- In collaboration with Marketing, develop and deliver promotional activities such as; trade shows, sample presentations, tastings and visits to customer locations
- Understand competitor capabilities
- Follow best practice methodology to successfully negotiate ‘win-win’ outcomes for Cargill and the customer
- Secondary level education or equivalent
- Experience managing, developing and growing business in Food Service customers or retail food customers in the UK, experience in the Drinks industry considered
- The ability to negotiate, analyse, prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving sector
- Experience and success in building lasting value-added relationships with customers, with the ability to present effectively
- CRM (customer relationship management) experience preferred
- The flexibility to work in a high performing commercial team function, but also independently when required