The SHE Environmental lead will report to the Site SHE Manager. In this role The Site Environmental Lead will work with a team of peer professionals to deliver Environmental projects, Environmental Compliance, Manage Environmental systems, and reports, work with the site services team in waste management with particular focus on waste segregation, recycling, reuse.
Work closely with external clients to excel in Environmental performance. Unilever has robust external and internal commitments for protecting people and the planet and the SHE community facilitates progress against those targets. Success is determined by a strong Environmental culture focused on Sustainability and commitment to be carbon neutral in Unilever.
- Certification / Diploma in NEBOSH Environment
- Sound knowledge of the main elements of UK and EC legislation for environmental protection and general principles of the management of environmental and pollution control is beneficial.
- Excellent knowledge of Unilever Environmental standards.
- Working knowledge using all SHE IT tools and how those tools integrate into other functional work processes.
- Influencing skills and international business/cultural sensitivity
- Good observation and auditing skills
- Number of years’ experience in Plant Operations/ Engineering/ Sustainability
- Appropriate functional/technical and project management expertise
- Number of years’ experience in supply chain operations