If you import animal products from EU and EFTA countries into Great Britain, join Defra’s two online information sessions in December. These sessions will tell you all you need to know about changes to import processes from 31 January 2024 and 30 April 2024 under the Border Target Operating Model.
Monday 4 December 2023, at 3pm GMT: changes to import processes for animal products from 31 January 2024
- The new risk-based import processes, and how to work out the risk category of your product.
- Making an import notification
- Export health certificates for high and medium risk products
Monday 11 December 2023 at 11am GMT: changes to import processes for animal products from 30 April 2024
- Entering through a port of entry with a border control post
- What happens at a border control post.
These sessions are relevant for all EU/EFTA to GB importers of:
- products of animal origin (POAO) for human consumption, including meat, fishery products and dairy products.
- germinal products
- composite products
- animal by-products
And their EU/EFTA suppliers.
Register on Eventbrite for these sessions to receive the Microsoft Teams link.
Learn more about the Border Target Operating Model (BTOM) SPS Controls here.