Health & Safety / Pledge
BFFF members are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all involved in the frozen food industry. BFFF encourages all members to improve their standards of health and safety, benchmark their business and share best practice case studies as a means of improving the performance of the industry.
Members signing the BFFF Health & Safety pledge are encouraged to commit to the outlined values to:
- Demonstrate leadership and effective workforce engagement.
- Comply with all current health and safety legislation, codes of practice and industry standards.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees and all persons affected by their undertaking via co-operation, consultation, training and review.
- Compile an action plan for key industry objectives to:
- Reduce accidents and incidents of ill health
- Effectively manage Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) risks
- Effectively manage Slip and Trip risks
- Deploy an effective Occupational Health management system
- Benchmark their company’s health and safety performance with set targets and confidentially share their annual statistics with BFFF.
- Collaborate and share best practice case studies as a means of improving the health and safety performance of the industry.