Caterforce launches new Chefs’ Selections cake range
Leading foodservice buying group, Caterforce, has launched eight new cake products as part of its own-label Chefs’ Selections range and has promised a cost-effective range of celebratory cakes based on the latest trends.
The eight products are split into two categories, ‘Colour Pop’ and ‘Elegant and Fresh’.
The ‘Colour Pop’ range is made up of four brightly coloured celebration cakes: Pinata cake, Rainbow cake, Funfetti cake and Citrus Sunbeam cake, aimed at family focused establishments, they make the perfect showstoppers for any celebration.
The ‘Elegant and Fresh’ range also contains four products: Persian Style Lemon cake, Lemon & Elderflower cake, Victoria Sponge cake and Blueberry Muffin cake. With a more upmarket focus, the elegant cakes are perfect for afternoon tea and special occasions.
Nick Redford, Managing Director at Caterforce said: “Consumers love eye-catching and aspirational cakes that they can’t make at home or buy in supermarkets. They are ideal for coffee shops, pubs, restaurants and hotels.
“Cakes are a key category for the hospitality and catering sector and we’re confident that our Chefs’ Selections range is offering our customers a cost-effective product line that doesn’t compromise on quality or taste.
“Our award-winning Chefs’ Selections range has been a huge success since its launch in 2012 and we’ve taken our experience with existing products to ensure the new cake range is competitively priced whilst meeting the demands of consumers.”
The new Chefs’ Selections cake range, which is in addition to the coffee shop cake range currently available from Caterforce, includes:
- Pinata Cake: A chocolate masterpiece irresistibly topped with multicoloured buttercream swirls and sugar sprinkles. Filled with chocolate buttercream and for the pinata effect, milk chocolate beans which spill out.
- Rainbow Cake: Seven brightly coloured layers of Victoria sponge, coated with buttercream and topped with a spectacular multi-hued crumb decoration.
- Funfetti Cake: Two moist layers of Victoria sponge speckled with confetti colours, covered with opulent buttercream and finished with a chocolate flavoured pink drip and sugar sprinkle ball decorations.
- Citrus Sunbeam Cake: Triple layers of yellow, orange and white sponge cake with orange and lemon curd layers and topped with yellow, orange and white buttercream.
- Persian Style Lemon Cake: Two moist layers of lemon sponge with lemon curd and fresh lemon zest baked in and filled with geranium and lemon curd flavoured buttercream. It’s topped with lemon drizzle, hand piped rose swirls, edible rose petals, pistachios and lemon curd drops.
- Lemon and Elderflower Cake: A two-layer sponge cake filled and covered with lemon and elderflower buttercream and a further layer of lemon curd inside. This is topped with white chocolate coated cereal and malt balls and a shimmering silver finish.
- Victoria Sponge Cake: A premium Victoria sponge filled with raspberry jam and buttercream. Topped with hand piped swirls of buttercream, piped drizzles of raspberry jam and sprinkles of sweet sugar.
- Blueberry Muffin: A two-layer cake filled with buttercream and blueberry compote and finished with a light dusting of white sugar snow.
Nick added: “Consumers want cakes that taste as good as they look. We’ve been rigorously testing during the product development process to ensure each ingredient is the best for that product. The designs have also been carefully considered to create a range of ‘Instagram-worthy’ cakes that an outlet will be proud to show off and will entice people in.”
The cake range is already receiving high recognition with its Persian Style Lemon Cake and Chocolate Pinata Cake given accolades as finalists in the Chefs’ Choice Awards, which reward foodservice excellence.
For more information visit www.caterforce.co.uk.