All of Iceland’s fresh and frozen vegetables that are priced at £1 or under will be available for just 1p when shoppers buy three packs online.
Supermarkets have been battling it out to provide the cheapest vegetables for Christmas this year, but Iceland has blown the competition out of the water by launching its cheapest Christmas vegetables ever, undercutting other offerings by as much as 18p. This comes just in time for this year’s festivities, ensuring that customers don’t need to worry about the Christmas Dinner price inflations revealed earlier this month by Kantar**.
Shoppers can pick up the whole fresh and frozen vegetable job lot from Iceland Carrots (£0.79, 880g) and Iceland Sprouts (£1.00, 900g) to Iceland Parsnips (£0.79, 660g) now for just 1p each in the sale, making their Christmas Day celebrations cheaper and more delicious than ever before.
Customers can simply add three packs of their chosen Christmas vegetables to their online basket and enter the code ‘ICE1VEG’ when they checkout to receive their discount. The sale starts on Monday 20th December and lasts until Tuesday 21st December, so shoppers will have to act quickly to reserve their veggies.
All fresh vegetables included in Iceland’s offer will have ‘Best Before’ dates that fall after Christmas Day to ensure they’re fresh and ready for the big day.
Richard Walker, Managing Director at Iceland, said: “Christmas has become more important than ever this year, with families having lost out on precious time together last time around. That’s why we’re delighted to support our customers by cutting the costs of their festive feasts whilst also releasing a further 180,000 delivery slots between now and Christmas Eve.
“It isn’t just about winning the battle for the cheapest supermarket veg – we wanted to make sure that everyone is able to have a brilliant Christmas with their loved ones without having to worry about the monetary hangover that often follows.”
With supermarket delivery slots impossible to come by in time for Christmas, and other supermarkets having to cancel pre-booked slots, Iceland is pulling out all the stops to ensure it can get deliveries to as many families as possible in time for Christmas by releasing 180,000 delivery slots, available to book between now and Christmas Eve.
Full list of Christmas vegetables included in Iceland’s one penny sale:
- Iceland Carrots, 800g, 79p
- Iceland Parsnips, 660g, 79p
- Iceland Broccoli, 400g, 79p
- Iceland British Brussels Sprouts, 500g, 79p
- Iceland Savoy Green Cabbage, 1 unit, 79p
- Iceland Curly Kale, 200g, £1.00
- Iceland Green Beans, 220g, £1.00
- Iceland Sugar Snap Peas, 160g, £1.00
- Iceland Large Flat Mushrooms, 250g, £1.00
- Iceland Closed Cup Mushrooms, 300g, £1.00
- Iceland Farmers Market Button Mushrooms, 125g, 65p
- Iceland Chestnut Mushrooms, 250g, £1.00
- Iceland Brown Onions, 3 pack, £1.00
- Iceland Red Onions, 3 pack, £1.00
- Iceland Onions, 1kg, £1.00
- Iceland Traditional Mash Potato, 400g, £1.00
- Mash Direct Carrot Parsnip & Turnip Mash, 400g, £1.00
- Iceland Baby New Potatoes With Herb Butter, 360g, £1.00
- Iceland Carrot Batons, 300g, 70p
- Iceland Stew Pack (Onion, Swede, Parsnip & Carrot), 900g, £1.00
- Iceland Cut Soup Vegetables, 320g, £1.00
- Iceland Garlic, 4 pack, £1.00
- Iceland Garden Peas, 800g, £1.00
- Iceland Button Sprouts, 900g, £1.00
- Iceland Country Mix (carrots, peas, cauliflower, green beans), 900g, £1.00
- Iceland Broccoli Florets, 800g, £1.00
- Iceland Baby Carrots, 900g, £1.00
- Iceland Cauliflower Florets, 800g, £1.00
- Iceland Very Fine Whole Green Beans, 900g, £1.00
- Iceland Floret Mix, 800g, £1.00
- Iceland Petit Pois Peas, 600g, £1.00
- Iceland Floret & Carrot Mix, 900g, £1.00
- Iceland Mixed Veg 900g, £1.00
- Iceland Sliced Green Beans, 650g, £1.00
- Iceland Tenderstem Broccoli, 180g, £1.00
Supermarket Price comparisons*:
|Carrots 1kg – 19p||British Carrots 1kg – 40p||Carrots – 40p||Carrots 1kg – 19p||Carrots – 19p||Iceland Carrots 880g – 1p|
|Parsnips 500g – 19p||British Parsnips 500g – 42p||Parsnips – 55p||Parsnips 500g – 19p||Parsnips – 19p||Iceland Parsnips 660g – 1p|
|Savoy Cabbage -43p||Savoy Cabbage – 43p||Sweetheart cabbage – 59p||Red Cabbage (per kg) – 19p||Red/White Cabbage – 19p||Iceland Savoy Cabbage – 1p|
|Broccoli 375g – 49p||Frozen Broccoli Florets 1kg £1||Broccoli – 59p||unknown||unknown
|Iceland Broccoli 400g – 1p|
|Cauliflower (each) 79p||Cauliflower – 79p||Medium Cauliflower – 99p||unknown
|Iceland Cauliflower Florets 800g – 1p|
|Unpeeled Sprouts 500G – 19p||
Brussels Sprouts 500g – £1
|Brussels Sprouts – 99p||Brussels Sprouts 500g – 19p||Brussels Sprouts – 19p||Iceland British Brussels Sprouts 500g – 1p|