If you have a website and sell to consumers from it you should be at this event.
Free seminar: Websites and Trading Online
28 January 2016, 0830-1100, Kingsgate Conference Centre, Peterborough
If you have a website and sell your products to consumers you must have certain terms and conditions on your website.
Do you know what they are?
Getting it wrong can not only be damaging to your reputation but can be also costly, sometimes enabling customers the ability to change their mind and get a full refund for up to one year.
In this informative event the Roythornes Corporate and Commercial team will take you through the essentials required when operating a consumer facing website and trading online to consumers.
Whether you trade online now, or are considering it in the future, you should attend this event – it will give you the essential tools you need to operate safely and minimise your risks.
Subjects to be covered include:
• What details should you have on your website whether you trade online or not
• How Data Protection impacts on the way you handle customer details
• What policies you need to include on your website whether you trade online or not
New consumer rights came in to place in October 2015 and the information you provide on your website could now form part of the contracts with customers. This coupled with the changes to the distance selling rules and the pre-contract information to be provided means that the information provided on your website must be accurate, up to date and regularly reviewed.
• Do your customers have a right to their money back if they change their mind?
• Do you have to pay for return postage in all cases?
• What information has to be given to customers before they place an order?
• What is the effect of not providing the appropriate information?
• How do customers place an order and when does it become binding?
Click this link, or visit https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WEB280116
Call Mark Dodds on 01775 842596